Please rotate your device to landscape mode for a better experience
An ivorian company over 70 years
SETAO, a Bouygues Bâtiment International subsidiary since 1973 based in Abidjan, supports sustainable construction projects throughout their value chain: from upstream (search for real estate, financial arrangements) to downstream (upkeep, maintenance, performance guarantees, particularly for “sustainable neighbourhood” projects), via the design and construction phases, throughout Ivory Coast. We have four key objectives: to construct buildings that are eco-friendly within an approved budget; to ensure the health, safety and development of our employees; to share a relationship based on trust and ethics with our customers and partners; and to get involved locally so that the surrounding community can benefit from our projects.
Quality as a way of life
As a general construction company, our activities today cover a broad range of projects: hotels, healthcare institutions, universities and schools, housing, data centres, offices, shopping centres, transport terminals, etc. We have developed international expertise, underpinned by the strength of our Group, as well as our deep local roots with long-standing partners in Ivory Coast and our in-depth understanding of the challenges faced by our Ivorian customers.
A solid governance
- 1950 Creation of SETAO. Building of engineering structures and major earthworks, notably the Félix Houphouët-Boigny and Charles de Gaulle bridges in Abidjan.
- 1974 SETAO joins the BOUYGUES Group and becomes the Group’s first subsidiary in Africa. It delivers some major construction projects in Ivory Coast.
- 1994 SETAO supports the development of Ivory Coast. Wholesale market of Bouaké, Plateau mosque in Abidjan, CIPREL thermal power station, factories for CEMOI-CI in Abidjan and SACO in San Pedro, BCEAO bank in Daloa, etc.
- 2014 Delivery by SETAO of the CAP Sud shopping centre extension.
- 2018 SETAO begins construction on the MÖVENPICK Hotel on the plateau.
- 2019 Start of construction on the CAVA logistics platform for the PROSUMA group in Zone 4.
- 2020 Launch of renovation, restructuring and equipment work of the Yopougon Hospital Centre in Abidjan.